- Don't be afraid of color
- Don't be afraid to stand up for who you are
- Don't be afraid to take risks
- The person you are inside is just as important as what you present to the public
- Sometimes you have to make an enemy to be true to yourself
- Don't be boring
- Just because someone else is doing it, doesn't mean you should too
- There's no harm in finishing early so long as you've done your best
- Don't be afraid to help others
- Sometimes being told you suck is a good thing and can make you go in a new direction you might not have previously considered
- Be open to suggestions
- Don't be afraid to push yourself
- Not all criticism is bad
- Know when to speak up and know when to shut up
But overall, there are things that each season has been built on that apply to everyone, no matter what field they work in. Simple principles that can apply to anyone.
Try it, you might be surprised.
And above all, remember the Ultimate Number One Cardinal Rule of Project Runway:
Don't bore Nina!