Welcome to My Sewing Hints Page

A place to find hints, tips, techniques and guides on common and not-so-common sewing tasks as well as advice from my own experience selling online.


Sunday, July 10, 2011

Back up and running

It's been a while, but I'm back.  Soon updates and new ideas and instructions will be posted more regularly.  The next 6-8 weeks will be insanely busy.  (Sleep?  Who needs sleep?)  But in the end, it will hopefully be worth the work.  Whiteblade is hard at work on my website, and the new logo is SO much better than what I threw together.  Never underestimate the power of a a graphics degree!

My main sewing machine is being repaired, hopefully that'll be fixed in the next couple of weeks.  It thought 18 years of hard labor would allow it to retire.  Not so, says I!  So long as parts are available, it can still be repaired.  Hopefully it realizes if this venture is successful, it can soon retire to the status of backup sewing machine.  A friend showed me a Janome that would go nicely for me if I ever have the $1K to buy the used one they have, or $2K new.  Part of me still wants to stick with Viking, though, then all my bobbins and needles and accessories will still be compatible.

I did get a new costume/dress made yesterday.  Pics to come soon when I get a chance to edit them tonight.  Hoorah.

No comments:

Post a Comment